Friday, January 16, 2009

Ummm.........

Whenever I write something I usually know exactly what I want the title to be.
For some reason I really struggled on what to title this poem.
Everything I thought of just didn't seem to fit or it sounded corny.
After 2 weeks of drawing a blank...I think I finally got it. Well...
maybe not. For now the title shall remain nameless. Maybe in another
2 weeks I'll think of something better...


The subtleties of your logic pull me in like gravity
The center of the universe is not your depravity
There is one true source that pulls with sincerity
All answer to its motion all are drawn by its parity

Everything revolves around its true form
None can ignore such a peaceful storm
Some will try to resist and not conform
Others will give in to fate and truly reform

All was created with this in mind
That in all things first this you will find
If you see anything without this you are blind
For this was how everything was aligned

The sun will shine and reveal its power
The moon will glow in the midnight hour
The grass will glisten after a shower
The intricacies are evident in the flower

Nothing can wash it away
It’s not short-lived it doesn’t sway
It doesn’t wilt It doesn’t decay
It’s even stronger when everything’s grey

Why then do we search beyond
Envisioning something we think we are fond
My friend we have been conned
It’s in front of us in our own pond

1/3/09
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

No comments: