Thursday, August 6, 2009

You Wear My Shoes

You wear my shoes
and yeah all kids do it.
But this time it’s different
you look up at me
and I see
I see
me

ME

Who am I?
The question for the
ages right?
I go to the mirror
to see this man
you want to be.
It’s not what I
want to see
for I see
I see
me

Free

I must free
this man
in the mirror
Take away
his fears
take away his
tears
I smear them
on the glass
and write
your name

Break

I must break
this man
My fist
clenches
with all
my might
I punch
the mirror
bleeding
with hope

Carry

A piece of glass
sticks in my
hand
The scar
I carry
always
reminding
me
of what
I saw
and what
I want
to see.

In you

In me

8-1-09
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

2 comments:

S.A. Detwiler said...

I didn't know you were such a poet! I am reading through some of your poems---thanks for posting them!

BrianJ said...

I almost deleted your comments, because I had no idea who "Sterling" was.(I didn't see your picture until I accepted your comments)Thanks for the nice comments!