Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I am vaccinated by your touch
Protecting me from viral love
The antidote for my
Poisonous insecurities
That haunt me like
morphinic dreams

I can’t hide
For you hear my heart
Like a stethoscope
Pressed against my chest

Hold me
Press your lips
Against me
And penetrate me
Like a needle
In my skin of stone

You have a scalpel
That carves out
My stress
Filling the holes
With peace

Peace
but not quite
For your whisper
Gently reminds
Me everyday
I am yours
And
You are mine

11/4/09
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

I am not much of a romantic, but here is my first real attempt at a kind of romantic poem. Allison hates it, but I usually fast forward through any type of romantic moments in a movie. I did give my romantic poem some action to help me make it through...you know needles, scalpels and poison. I haven't written for awhile and out comes a romantic poem tonight...go figure. Maybe I ran out of creative juices and finally submitted to writing romantically. : ) This is rare, but I couldn't think of a title...Nurse?, um Poison Love?...uh Doctor Love...ok I'm kidding, but I really couldn't think of an appropriate title.

No comments: