Monday, January 17, 2011

To Be a Kid

I want to go cra-zay
get off the grid
let it all hang out
like I was still a kid

none of the worries
none of the pain
none of the junk
that now fills my brain

I want to go jump rope
swing from a tree
slam dunk a do-nut
maybe even in tea

Run my nails down a chalkboard
just for the thrill
use chalk on the sidewalk
and roll down a hill

I want to get lost in the woods
and scream out loud
jump in a fountain
in front of a crowd

Ride my cool bike
and jump a big ramp
make the longest skid mark
proclaim I'm the champ

I will be Superman
and you can be Darth Vader
I can mix and match movies
don't be a hater

You can't find me
when I hide in a tree
I am a Ninja
before you count to three

Dreams are dreams
but I live again
every moment I take time
to play with my children


1-17-11

Copyright © 2011 Brian D. Jackson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son...no longer a child, but my little boy you always will be