Monday, December 29, 2008

Simply Free


Of all the places I’ve been
Of all the people I’ve seen
It is finally good to be free
Free from the pressure
Free from the fame
Free from the high-tech gadgets of shame
Trees and grass and hills and cool breeze
I thank God for all of these
The flower, the April shower
In these I see God’s power
I see His love I see His hand
For He has given all this to man
The pursuit of God this is my need
And it is to the simple things I take heed
Thank you for the stars
Thank you for the moon
Thank you for the sun
That shines in the afternoon
Thank you for the seas
Thank you for the mountains
Thank you for the snow
And thank you for the fountains
You give me sight
You give me breath
I feel my heart beat
You protect me from death
I simply thank you as I bow my knee
That You’ve taught me what it is to be free.
5/28/07
Copyright © 2007 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so encouraging. love this one. thank you. :)