Saturday, June 20, 2009

To Death With Lies

You surrounded me with walls
Entangled me with affairs
Tied me down with my flaws
Pointed out the stairs

I took the stairs as a challenge
And climbed to the top
I didn’t listen to the railing
Or the urge to stop

Yet, your words cut deep
Yes, they drew blood
The focus on my faults
Came in like a flood

Knocking me off my feet
And falling to the ground
You drew your sword
Stood upon a mound

High in the air you now
Thrust to kill
Painful words not enough
My blood you will spill

I muster the strength
To move just in time
I grab the handle
This now is my crime

Hold still my destroyer
Don’t you dare move
I now have the power
And I have something to prove

Get down on your knees
And beg for another breath
This is the pain you caused
Let me show you the depth

Hold still now as I carve
Out my pain
For all these memories
You will be slain

The sword draws swiftly
Straight for the neck
He is grimacing
An emotional wreck

The sword cut like butter
And to my captive’s surprise
With all my strength
I had cut through his lies

Yes, I spared his life that day
At the same moment saving mine
His lies are now dead
And I am just fine.

6/16/09
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

No comments: