Sunday, July 5, 2009

Crying Rainbows


It’s the way they see me
from a distance
I’m in this box
fake smiles
and botox

I’m crying rainbows

They see beauty
beyond the pain
beyond the fame
beyond the rain
because

I’m crying rainbows

Oh don’t they
hear the thunder?
Don’t they
see the darkness?
To them the storm
is beautiful

I’m crying rainbows

Someday they will see
the storms that plagued me
the thunder that roared
the rain within my soul
The day I stop

Crying rainbows

7-3-09
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

Lately I've been thinking a lot about people who on the outside seem like they have it all to the world, but inwardly they are dying. This is the case with many (maybe most) famous people. There is a gaping hole covered up with applause. But like the applause at the end of an amazing demonstration, so the fleeting satisfaction of their happiness. It lasts oh so short. Perhaps an encore, but nevertheless fleeting. Their inward cries breed amazing accomplishments. Their vice's bleed beautiful rainbows that others enjoy, missing the storm that produced such beauty. This picture really impacted me. I really think the picture says it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really, really beautiful. I feel it. :)
S.