Sunday, July 5, 2009

Famous

In your mind
In my mind
do you mind?
mind your manners
raise your banners
what you thinkin'?
Are you thinkin
what I’m thinkin'?
Are you feelin
what I feel?
Doubt it

You see
you are not me
and I am not you
and I can not
be inside where you see
For me to do
what I do
I must think the way
I think
You interpret what
you see
through the eyes of
what you feel

Here take my lenses
I’ll let go of my defenses
stand before you bare
warts and blemishes
make a joke
about my fences
My guard down
removing the face
of a clown
Yeah that smile
was painted
tainted
let’s get acquainted

Fall like an avalanche
quick you better
grab a branch
This rush of pain
you see
will kill you
because It’s killin’ me
yeah I got a problem
but you can’t see
it’s me

I have a dream
look closer
beyond the faults
beyond the noise
even then
you’ll only see
what you see
for you see
with your eyes
and I with mine
so look somewhere else
while I continue on
with this path
I’m trodden on
down the slope
I keep slippin' on
keep trippin' on
keep flippin' on
and on and on

Won’t someone
stop me?

But they see
the exciting motion
of the downhill slope
something they don’t
want to be
but rather see

Makes them feel
better I guess
looking from the bottom
watching me fall from
the mountain.

7-3-09
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

No comments: