Thursday, December 10, 2009

Truth and Reality

Would I like you if you were famous?
Millions of voices screaming
Pandering for your attention
The span of a football field
Touching down to the crowd
Like a pharaoh with eager servants
And mindless concubines

What are your intentions
For a question like this
Care I not for the heart?
Look I not for Truth?
Truth is all I need
Truth in you
And Truth in me

Would you like me if I were famous?
Center stage with attention
From the masses
Full of pride
Hidden behind sunglasses
Rising to the top
Of your mind
Like a splinter

With scissors you cut
Me from a magazine
It’s what you want
So pin it to your mirror
Scream for sheer joy
For there I am with you
Yet I’m not there at all

Maybe that’s not you
And maybe that’s not me
From illusions let’s be free
I will love you and
You can love me
And together we can
Love the world
For reality is what we see

12/10/09
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great topic.
I clip from M Magazine all the time!!!
I'm kidding.
I think I almost made myself sick just then.
Good poem!