Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dream to Dream

I had intended to write a deeply meditative poem about living in a "dream state". However, something totally different came out on paper as I began to write. I am on vacation, so maybe it was time to write something a little more relaxed. There is a time for everything I guess ... have fun.


Last night I was shot two times in the chest
No blood or wounds.
Wasn’t even wearing a vest

The night before I flew over my neighborhood
Saw two thieves
Knocked them out with a piece of dogwood

The tree began to bark
I realized the irony – threw down the stick
And it became a shark.

Good thing there was a surfboard beside me
I rode the waves barely escaping
Landing on a table – I sat down and had tea

The queen said “cheers” as she tipped her cup
I spilled it on my pants
And then woke up

It’s still dark - I shall close my eyes
Phew…My pants aren’t wet
Maybe this time I’ll work with spies

It wasn’t long then before I drifted to sea
I had ten seconds
It was them or me

I had to decide what will I do?
I decide to
Use the gun in my shoe

Pow! I got kicked upside the head
From the biggest shoe
With the weirdest tread

It left an imprint in my face
It was the coordinates
To save the human race

How will I inform - what is my plan?
When I have no phone
And I am in Iran?

“How” said the Indian as he smoked his pipe
Use this blanket, start a fire…
Do whatever I type

It was the smoke that day that saved the world
Later I found out the message was...
“I have a dream for the white, black and swirled”

2/17/09
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in the world are you getting this stuff? Is it the Vaults? :0)
It is really, really good -- the poetry not the Vaults. Seriously, it was eerie how good it was!

BrianJ said...

I am not sure what the combination is to my "vault", but working in a Vault could be what causes these brain surges. : )