Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hunger...next night

My oldest son Caleb (7 yrs old) came down stairs tonight and said he wanted everyone to pray together. He said sin has come to this house and Satan is right here -well not right here next to me, but here he exclaimed - trying to get us to sin and I think he is doing it. He said we need to pray that we will obey God's Word and not sin. I asked him if he thought of this on his own and why. Caleb said that we (the children) aren't doing what momma says. I don't do it, Josiah and Abigail and especially Korban since he is a baby. He said momma is sinning too and maybe you too I think...well I am not sure, but I think so (maybe a little shy to tell his own dad that he sins too). Ah! the hunger and thirst for righteousness within my son! Thank you Lord! Give my family this hunger and thirst! Raise my firstborn son on meat and drink from Your table. Let him crave Your feasts. Let my children taste of the finest, so they will not be satisfied with any other. Our children Father, have mercy on our children. We have sinned Father, lay it not to their charge. Raise up a generation who are nourished daily from Your table. Children come, your Father calls and He always gives the best. I am wicked, but He is always good. He always gives good gifts. He will never fail. Everything will work together for good if you love Him first. Taste and see that He is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!! I think you Father that you have not revealed this unto the "wise" and "prudent" but unto babes!