Thursday, April 2, 2009

Explain

Words that are deep
So must I explain?
But how do you express sorrow and pain?
If it could be understood
Then why write it down?
Here is the brush
Paint the red town
The town is red because it bleeds
With sorrow, death, pain and greed
All words have been used so what can you say?
There must be a different way
A cavern of thoughts a pictores mind
Is this how to express what we find?
Can not understand? Maybe that’s the point.
For it is your mind I exploit
Make it dig deep
For words are cheap
Your mind is worth more
Open the door
When you think with thoughts
And not just words
You’ll think like a scholar
And not like a bird

3/8/08
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved


I have been very hesitant to share this poem, but please read the explanation under "Rainbow" and hopefully this will be less of a blow. My main concern has been that this poem could seem prideful. This was basically a forceful way to cause one to think. By the way, I made up the word "pictores". I was not satisfied with any words in the English language and thus created my own.(fitting for the intentions of this poem I suppose) I just found out though that Pictor is a constellation and the genitive form is indeed "pictores". However, I have to disagree. : ) Ok...from now on, I will try not to explain anything. Hopefully you can just enjoy a poem without me ruining it with comments. Please just always read with a pictores mind. : ) I have just explained a poem that begs not to be explained...

No comments: