Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Song I'll Never Forget

I sit here again
Waiting for the words to come
My hands are frozen
And my head is numb
Come to me my fairest
Reveal to me your plans
Spill out on this paper
Give me your demands

I sit here motionless
Tired from the day
Words have been used up
I’ve got nothing to say
Because the dam is backed up
They were tugging my chain
Kicking me in the butt
Saying I was to blame

I sit here broken
Flat out depressed
Then you whisper
My love, my dear, I am hear
Sit upon my breasts
Her fingers through my hair
As she begins to sing a song
The angels surround me
They were there all along
But she has that voice
That calls them by name
They all sing in chorus
Tis the reason they came
She leads the choir
And this is what they sang…
Rest in peace my dear
You have nothing to fear
Hold my hand my love
And listen to what I speak of
The heavens declare His glory
His mercies new every morning
This day will pass
And it will not last
Tomorrow you’ll see
That you’re indeed free
And if it should take longer
If you can’t let it go
Come back to my lap
More love I’ll bestow
For this love of mine
It has no end
I will be here forever
My time with you to spend
For you’re the one I’ve chosen
I’ve nothing more but thee
I give myself to you
All of it for free
Rest now my love
Close your eyes and sleep
I will be here in the morning
I will count your sheep
Drift now my love
To the land so fair
Where there is no pain
And where there is no care
This is what she sang to me
And I’ll never forget
For it was the most tender caress
A man could ever get
And thus the words spilled out
They flowed without restraint
Because of her devotion
Beautiful words it did paint


4/17/09
Copyright © 2009 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

This is dedicated to my wife, who plays with my hair, rubs my back, or even my feet after a long day, even when she is tired. She rises early many times to serve me before I head to work, always asking "what do you want today?". She treats me far better than I deserve and this encourages me to love her as Christ loves the church and gave Himself for it. (from which I fall absurdly short) She doesn't tell me so much with words, but everyday she reminds me with her actions. I don't say or show this nearly as much as I should, but I love you hun.
The song "Something That We Do" is a song I'll never forget...I played it in my truck as my wife and I drove to our honeymoon destination the day after we were married. I jokingly sang the part "I remember well the day we wed, I can see that picture in my head...". (she chuckled and that was the first of many dry humor moments she would experience through these many years). I still sing it to her from time to time (and still think it's funny).

1 comment:

Allison said...

Now that was sweet! "I do" love you. Love is certain.