Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Live and Let Die

Words that poor(I spelled it this way on purpose)on paper are rich in emotion, yet fall to the ground. How can I hug you in words? How can I express emotions that need to be screamed or touched? AHHHHHHH!! Do you feel my frustration? : ) Even AHHHHH! can be taken in so many different ways. I do like that words can be interpreted in different ways by different people and thus the intrigue of poetry I suppose. However, sometimes you want to smack someone in the face with the exact words and emotion you intend to give. To some point I'm sick of words. It's like saying and not doing, like teaching and not living. Words are important, but if you can't feel the expression then what profit does it have? Intellect is not enough. Maybe this is why we need to be a living word. Take it in and spread it out. Live it. I guess I'm venting a little bit with the frustration of not being able to express in words the thoughts of my heart. Maybe if you come by I can just give you a hug, but then I have to explain what that hug meant right? The closest I think a person can come to expressing true emotions is through music and lyrics. I pray the Lord leads me to someone who can help in this manner. Someone who could express exactly what I attempt to convey only in word. Music transcends the mind and reaches the emotion like no other media. Maybe someone out there can help me? I am busting at the seems desiring to express in ways beyond a written word. At any rate, here is a writing that poorly expresses emotion that needs to be felt and heard. This is written from the perspective of true love. This is not written with any particular person in mind, but rather for humanity as a whole. Love that should be given to friends, family, and even foes. Love looks for the success of the one loved. Love is the embodiment of self-denial. Well I won't go on, just read I Cor. 13. One of the most difficult things for me to say is "I love you". With this comes a commitment of extreme proportions. If you truly mean that you love, then you must be willing to embrace the costs of love...even to the point of death. Greater love hath no man than this, that he lays down his life for his friend. This is beyond a simple emotion and must come from Love Itself. Consider the next time you say "I love you" and hold your tongue if it is a selfish, shallow or temporary love. Ah!..and my God said and meant "I love you"! He expressed this love in the living Word. Forgive me as I express in word an ill attempt at love.

Can you set aside your thoughts
just for a moment?
Set aside your problems
Set aside your worries
Set aside your fears
There is no tomorrow
but this moment right here
No other time to consider
but now
in this moment
Can you feel it?
This moment of release?

Hold this moment
Don’t let it go
I have something
to tell you
Hold your breath
and take this in
Nothing else to consider
but these words…
I
Love
You
yes…
I Love You
Absorb this into your soul
This is true
and I will show you, my friend

Don’t let this moment go yet
I need you to understand
Don’t back away in fear
Don’t put up your fences
Don’t consider ulterior motives
I mean this with all my heart
I may not be able to show you
enough to convince you
but someday the time may come
and yes
I will die for you.
I will die for you
and then you will understand
I will have no hesitation
I will embrace the moment
for this is the opportunity
I’ve been waiting for
My last great chance to show you

But for now, let me live
Lets take down our fences
and live
Live without hesitation…
But alas, this moment is over
You put up your fences
and I put up mine
One day I will show you
One day you’ll believe
But for now I stand beside you
and with love I will proceed
1/29/10

Copyright © 2010 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

No comments: