Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Glass of Water

She barely lifts her head
while slowly opening her eyes
Like a flower opening to
sunshine
yet wilted by the sun
Remains of destruction
cover her face
hiding the tears beneath
I must hold my breath
just to take in the stench
of her pain

The look of terror
from a God of love
That brings justice
for sin to offer
life from above
Ironic I’m the
one standing above
Now my choice is
do I offer my love?

As I contemplate
I look in her eyes
She but needs
a glass of water
or else she dies
If I give her water
is it not to the Sun?
Will it burn up
for nothing
or will it bring
life from above?

While I contemplate
I hear other screams
The voices of death
The sound of
bad dreams
What should I do?
I have but one glass?
Then I think of the
loaves, the fish
that did last.

Ok Lord...here is what I have
I’m nothing special
but your Word...it will last

Let It feed the thousands
let them never thirst again
Open their eyes
break their heart of sin
I will give out what You
have given
Take this poor wretch
that you have forgiven
Use these hands
like they are not mine
That Your glory will reign
and Your face will shine.

This is all I have
but You are much greater
To the Wind be my voice
and be my Translator
Whatever happens
It will surely be
I just ask You now
to somehow use me.

1/16/10
Copyright © 2010 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

No comments: