Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Who Am I?

Who am I?
Why am I
The King’s Son?
What have I done
to merit this grace?
Why is Your face
towards me?

It’s not Who am I
my son, but
Who I AM
I AM the One
Who Is
I AM
I Was
I Shall Be
I never change

A man chooses his bride
for the love he receives
I chose my bride
for the love I give
This is Who I AM
I freely give
Freely receive
Free to believe
To free from sin
Free then to hope
Freedom to be
What pleases Me

My son, you are now
Free to Love
Free to laugh
and shed a tear
Free to embrace
and face your fear

There are no boundaries with what I can do
and I can do all this through you

-Let us reason together-

So what you are
it does not matter
but rather what
I can do
Therefore surrender all
To Me submit
Your sins and iniquities
you must admit

Say not
what you are
what you are not
For
I AM
and it matters not

Bring what you have
and lay it down
Bring what you don’t have
Take up your crown
You are the King’s son
Now rise up and walk
Open your mouth
and I will talk
Like Moses
you need not fear
For I have a purpose
Though it may not be clear

So trust in
Who I AM
and not
what you see
Change the question
of who you are
and then
you’ll be free

1/5/10

Copyright © 2010 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

No comments: