Sunday, January 24, 2010

Look to the Sky (the third heaven)


The silence of death
Broken by the cries of life
Takes out the beating heart
without a witch's knife

They have looked to the ground
To the sky they now see
The powers of demons
From the Great Power they flee

The ground is cursed
but the sky it is free
Look to the heavens
and then you will see

The world is nothing
but a drop in the sea
The heavens declare His glory
at His decree

It is His power
that you must obey
If you will not
then the earth will say

It will move exactly
as He commands
It will not make excuses
It will not make demands

The rocks will cry out
and cover the sin
that plagues His creation
and ensnares the poorest nation

Turn from your black magic
Look to the white sky
Your hope is in Jesus
This is why He did die

I have not much to offer
but take my hand
Repent of your sin
and let's repair this land

1/24/10
Copyright © 2010 Brian Jackson All rights reserved

I wrote this poem today on the road to Santo Domingo from Haiti. This is only one part of my meditation on this situation and I am very tired, so hopefully it turned out OK. I have seen and heard many things during this trip. The people are in need of many things, but an eternal view causes me to focus my prayer efforts firstly for my brothers and sisters in Christ and secondly to the spiritual needs of the lost. The Haitian culture is deep into Satanic worship through the means of Voodoo. I don't know all that the Lord is accomplishing through this earthquake, but it is very evident from the few Haitians I was able to talk to that they truly believe this was the power of God. Shane and I witnessed to some of the young men (maybe in their early 20's) in the streets that know English. One particular young man (refer to picture above...the guy in the middle facing the camera with his left hand on his side) told me that many believed in the power of voodoo before this earthquake, but now that they have seen the power of God, many pray in the streets at night to God. (I continued the conversation explaining the Gospel) I pray God will use the seeds that were planted to reap a harvest. Maybe later when I return home from the Dominican Republic, I will share the details of the trip.

No comments: