Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Daughter Abigail's Poems

Recently my daughter has taken an interest in writing. She usually likes to write stories, but she decided to also start writing poems. Sometimes she will sit by me and ask for me to read her a poem I wrote. Maybe this has simply given her something to relate to her dad with, but I definitely enjoy it. Today she handed me a poem that she wrote about me and of course I loved it! She then showed me another poem that she wrote recently about Spring. Her Spring poem is actually a great answer to my Sunflower poem. Spring does come again! I think this poem was very well written and I can't stop reading it...I'll share both poems below. (I left the spacing and wording exactly as she wrote it...just changed a couple misspelled words)

Daddy

My dad loves me so much
Just one tender touch
He is so bright and clear
He makes me want to cheer
He loves his child
He makes me want to smile


Spring

Flowers bloom
Leaves bud
Spring is finally here

I hear the birds
As if they're trying
to shout "Hooray!"

Green grass
Green leaves
They all seem happy

No comments: